fear not, for I am with you;The Holy Bible: English Standard Version, (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Isa 41:10.
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
The Victorian State Government has eased restrictions from Friday 25 June. All services are now able to take place at church but attendees are required to wear masks indoors and to check in on arrival.
Those attending the Japanese service will need to book their place prior to arrival as the Bamboo hall will have a restricted capacity.
A Place of Worship may operate for the following activities (as from 11:59pm 17th February 2021):
Indoor/outdoor religious gatherings or ceremonies (including weddings or funerals) for a maximum number of people (over one year of age) equal to the overall density quotient of 2m2 per person, but with provisos:
- all requirements of this approved COVIDSafe Plan are agreed to;
- you are using electronic record-keeping (meaning, for example a QR code method) for attendees; if you’re NOT using electronic record-keeping then the 4m2 rule applies;
- no food, drink, crockery etc are permitted to be shared;
- all attendees (except those living in the same residence) can be seated 1.5m apart;
Note that in all counts, the following are excepted (i.e. not counted toward the limit):
- infants under 1 year of age;
- faith leaders;
As we meet for the permitted activity of “religious gatherings or ceremony” there are six COVIDSafe principles that apply:
Ensure physical distancing
- We will enforce the 1.5m social distancing requirement at all times by cordoning off pews, rearranging furniture or removing some seating so as to ensure physical distancing.
- We will display signs to show limits at the entrance of all enclosed areas where limits apply. These signs outline the maximum occupancy of areas so as not to exceed the overall density quotient of one person per 2m2 (or 4m2 if not using electronic record-keeping).
- We will use an entry and exit system to the building making it as efficient as possible so as to minimise congestion or gathering of people, allocating different doors for entry and exit.
Wear a face covering indoors during the service
- We will make available compliant face coverings to any who come unprepared.
Practise good hygiene
- We encourage regular hand-washing and require general hygiene to be practiced.
- We have readily-available hand sanitiser.
- We have appropriate ventilation.
- We ensure all surfaces frequently touched, including lecterns, microphones, light switches, doorknobs, handrails are cleaned immediately after worship by people using single-use disposable gloves with disinfectant.
- We maintain a cleaning log that is kept for a minimum of 28 days.
Keep records and act quickly if workers become unwell
- We request the first name, contact phone number, time of entry, and area of church premises attended of all worshipers who attend for longer than 15 minutes.
- We are required to hold these records for 28 days for the purposes of contact tracing subject to the COVIDSafe Plan privacy instructions.
- After 28 days, we will destroy the records.
- If a worshiper or faith leader tests positive:
- We will immediately notify the relevant authorities including DHHS and WorkSafe;
- We will notify all other worshipers via the phone number supplied;
- We will follow all directions listed in Workplace Directions when responding to either suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- We ask worshipers to declare on sign-in before each worship service if they have symptoms, have been in contact with a confirmed case, or have been directed to isolate, and such people will be asked to return home.
- No person who declares themselves unwell will be permitted to enter.
Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces
- We will reduce the amount of time people spend in enclosed spaces beyond what is necessary and practical for the conduct of worship services, and will consider using outdoor spaces for some activities, if appropriate.
- Windows and doors will be open for the duration of the worship service to enhance airflow and optimise fresh air.
Create workforce bubbles
- NOT APPLICABLE to the church setting
This plan has been prepared for use with the best available information as of 20th February 2021.
Place of Worship: Canterbury Presbyterian Church, 146 Canterbury Rd, Canterbury 3126
Contact: Rev David Hann