|Luncheons in 2019||Bible Study Groups in 2019|
|Selection Committee||Safe Church 2019|
|Church Car Park|
|Upcoming News and Events|
|Combined Services||Evening Services|
|Sunday School||Missions Morning Tea|
Luncheons in 2019
The Korean ladies have graciously agreed to prepare and serve lunch for the English congregation on the second, fourth and fifth Sundays of each month. The Youth Group members have graciously agreed to prepare and serve a BBQ lunch for the whole church (both English and Japanese congregations) on the third Sunday of each month. On the first Sunday of each month, following our Combined Service (including the Sacraments of the Lord’s Supper), there will be a special Joint Morning Tea. Would people please consider bringing some food for that special once a month morning tea.
Bible Study Groups in 2019
The Session encourages each member of our church to be part of a Bible Study/Home Fellowship group to help you “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18). The following groups will be running and you are most welcome to attend. Please speak to the person nominated below or a member of the group:
- Sundays at 12.30 pm in Room 4, CPC: Korean Men’s Bible Study (Dong Choi).
- Sundays at 2.00 pm in Room 4, CPC: Korean Young Adult’s Bible Study (Dong Choi).
- Mondays at 11.30 am in the Bamboo Hall, CPC: Korean Ladies Bible Study (Dong Choi).
- Mondays at 7.30 pm at the Milnes’ (commencing 13 February): Young Adult’s Bible Study (Rev Douglas Milne).
- Thursdays at 7.30 pm at the home of Lemuel & Lilly Suraj: Open Bible Study (Aso Lungleng).
- Thursdays at 6.30 pm in the Bamboo Hall, CPC: Korean Young Adult’s Bible Study (Dong Choi).
- Friday at 10.00 am in Room 1, CPC: Morning Bible Study: (Rev Alan Every).
Please continue to pray for this committee as it strives to search for that person whom God is calling into the Senior Minister position of Canterbury Presbyterian Church.
Safe Church 2019
- Advanced Training has to be completed by: ministers, elders, bible study leaders, pastoral carers/deacons, and heads of ministries — for example, youth group leadership co-ordinator, Sunday School Superintendent, music ministry co-ordinator.
- There is also a short online presentation that should be viewed by Members of the Board of Management, Sunday School teachers and Youth Group leaders. The presentation takes about ten minutes — please view here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKmCLPK3jpY
- When you have completed your course, please notify Jin Kim.
Church Car Park
At its latest meeting, the Board of Management asked that those who use the car park regularly should consider the needs of the elderly members of the church and those with children and because of the lack of car parking spaces at church determine whether they could park further afield e.g. along Canterbury Road, in Marlowe Street, or in Keats Street.
There will be a Combined Service on the first Sunday of each month.
Evening services recommence with a Family Service at 5.00 pm and will continue thereafter at 5.00 pm, with a ‘bring and share’ dinner on the last Sunday of each month.
During February and March the evening services will have sermons, based on the book of Ephesians. The preachers will be Dong Choi and Andrew Wong.
Missions Morning Tea
Missions Morning Teas (MMT) are held on the second Sunday of each month after the morning service and after a short break for morning tea, commencing at 12.20 pm and finished by 1.00 pm.
Newsletter/Prayer letters etc. on the Forrest Hall tables
As well as the usual newsletters, prayer letters, and Daily Bread booklets, we have up to date newsletters from Aaron and Katie Rigg, Colin and Alison Morrow, Jane Lennan, Andrew Adams and Daryl and Soyoun Jackson on the table in the Forrest Hall. Please take whatever letters/papers/booklets interest you.
Sunday Prayer Meetings
Prayer meetings will be held before the worship services on the first and third Sundays of each month. They will be held in the Prayer Room at 9.45 am.